Keep track of your team members joining Waybook by setting up Slack notifications every time a team invite is accepted using Zapier.
In this article, we'll tell you how you can use one of our Slack templates in Zapier, so you can get notified every time a member of your team accepts your invitation to join your organisation's Waybook.
How to set up Slack notifications for team invites
In this article, we'll explain how you can set up Slack notifications every time a team member accepts their Waybook invitation using Zapier.
You can find help with setting up other integrations by heading to our Ultimate Guide to Zapier collection in the help centre.
1. First, head to the Integrations page of your Waybook settings or follow this link
2. On this page, you'll see the option to connect with Zapier:
3. Hit the button to connect your Waybook to thousands of apps.
If you don't already have a Zapier account, you will need to create one first. Otherwise, log in and start building your Waybook Zap!
4. First, you'll be guided through the process to set up your Trigger in Zapier.
You'll see a list of available trigger events when you open this drop-down menu:
Make sure you select 'Team Invite Accepted' from the list of available options.
5. Next, you'll be asked to sign in to Waybook:
Once you've signed in, you'll see a list of your available Waybook teams. If you have multiple Waybook teams, you'll need to create a separate Zap for each.
6. After hitting continue, you'll be asked to test the trigger. At this point, skip the test as we won't begin tracking until your Zap is live.
Once you've finished setting up your trigger, you'll need to add an action by pressing this button:
7. Next step is to create an action to follow the trigger you've set up.
There are thousands of apps to choose from, but you need to select Slack to set up this particular integration.
8. You'll then need to set up your action event - what you would like to happen within your chosen app when triggered.
Using the drop-down menu, you'll be able to select from a list of available action events. In order to have a message automatically sent to the Slack channel of your choice, select 'Send Channel Message' from the list of options:
9. Complete the steps to set up this action by following Zapier's guidance.
You'll be able to choose the channel you want messages to be sent to, customise the message sent every time the action is triggered and even customise your bot icon making it even easier to spot messages in busy channels.
At this point, we recommend that you test your Zap to make sure it's working as expected. Keep an eye on the channel you selected for a test message from Zapier.
10. When you're happy that your Zap is working as it should, you're ready to turn it on!
Rename your Zap for easier management, especially if you have multiple Waybook teams, and turn it on.
Congratulations! You'll be notified in Slack every time a team member accepts their invitation to join your Waybook 🎉
Integrations are currently in beta. If you're interested in getting early access to help us test Zapier integrations, get in touch with the team.