Help your team to stay on top of your Waybook content by setting up Slack notifications every time a document is published using Zapier.
In this article, we'll show you how to use one of our Slack templates in Zapier, so you can notify your team in Slack every time a document is published on your organisation's Waybook.
How to set up Slack notifications for published documents
In this article, we'll explain how you can set up Slack notifications every time a document is published on your Waybook using Zapier.
You can find help with setting up other integrations by heading to our Ultimate Guide to Zapier collection in the help center.
1. First, head to the Integrations page of your Waybook settings or follow this link
2. On this page, you'll see the option to connect with Zapier:
3. Hit the button to connect your Waybook to thousands of apps.
If you don't already have a Zapier account, you will need to create one first. Otherwise, log in and start building your first Waybook Zap!
4. First, you'll be guided through the process to set up your Trigger in Zapier.
You'll see a list of available trigger events when you open this drop-down menu:
Make sure you select 'Document Published' from the list of available options.
5. Next, you'll be asked to sign in to Waybook:
Once you've signed in, you'll see a list of your available Waybook teams. If you have multiple Waybook teams, you'll need to create a separate Zap for each.
6. After hitting continue, you'll be asked to test the trigger. At this point, skip the test as we won't begin tracking until your Zap is live.
7. Now you've set up your trigger, you're ready to start setting up your action - the event performed after the Zap is triggered.
For this Zap, select Slack from the list of available apps:
8. There are lots of action events you can choose from. For this example, we're going to set up a channel message to keep the entire team updated.
Using the drop-down menu and select 'Send Channel Message':
You will then be asked to set up the action by selecting the channel you want to send the message to and also what the message text should be.
It will look something like this example:
9. Now you've set up your action, we recommend that you test your Zap to make sure it's working as expected and so you can make any changes to the message text.
Keep an eye on your chosen Slack channel for a test message from Zapier.
10. When you're happy that your Zap is working as it should, you're ready to turn it on!
Rename your Zap for easier management, especially if you have multiple Waybook teams, and turn it on.
Congratulations! You'll be notified in Slack every time a document is published to your organization's Waybook 🎉
Explore Zapier by playing around with setting up Waybook Zaps and check out this collection of articles for guides on setting up specific automations.
If you're looking to set up more integrations for Slack specifically, check out this section with our Ultimate Guide to Zapier.
Find out what's coming up next on our product roadmap here.