Keep track of how your team is progressing through your Waybook content by setting up Slack notifications every time a document is completed using Zapier.
In this article, we'll show you how to use one of our Slack templates in Zapier, so you are notified in Slack every time a team member completes a document on your organization's Waybook.
How to set up Slack notifications for completed documents
In this article, we'll explain how you can set up Slack notifications every time a document is completed on your Waybook using Zapier.
You can find help with setting up other integrations by heading to our Ultimate Guide to Zapier collection in the help center.
1. First, head to the Integrations page of your Waybook settings or follow this link
2. On this page, you'll see the option to connect with Zapier:
3. Hit the button to connect your Waybook to thousands of apps.
If you don't already have a Zapier account, you will need to create one first. Otherwise, log in and start building your first Waybook Zap!
4. First, you'll be guided through the process to set up your Trigger in Zapier.
You'll see a list of available trigger events when you open this drop-down menu:
Make sure you select 'Document Completed' from the list of available options.
5. Next, you'll be asked to sign in to Waybook:
Once you've signed in, you'll see a list of your available Waybook teams. If you have multiple Waybook teams, you'll need to create a separate Zap for each.
6. After hitting continue, you'll be asked to test the trigger. At this point, skip the test as we won't begin tracking until your Zap is live.
7. Now you've set up your trigger, you're ready to start setting up your action - the event performed after the Zap is triggered.
For this Zap, select Slack from the list of available apps:
8. You'll then need to set up your action event - what you would like to happen within your chosen app when triggered.
Using the drop-down menu select from a list of available actions, including:
Send Channel Message
Send Direct Message
Set Channel Topic
Send Private Channel Message
Invite User to Channel
and many more!
9. To help guide you through formatting your message text, we've set our action event to send a direct message to Slack.
As this is one of our Zapier templates, we'll automatically suggest data you can use, but it should look a little something like this:
10. At this point, we recommend that you test your Zap to make sure it's working as expected. When you're happy it's working, you're ready to turn it on!
Rename your Zap for easier management, especially if you have multiple Waybook teams, and turn it on.
Congratulations! You'll be notified in Slack every time a team member completes a document in your organization's Waybook 🎉
Explore Zapier by playing around with setting up Waybook Zaps and check out this collection of articles for guides on setting up specific automations.
If you're looking to set up more integrations for Slack specifically, check out this section with our Ultimate Guide to Zapier.
Find out what's coming up next on our product roadmap here.