We'll send your team members an email invitation to join your Waybook, but if you also want to alert them via Slack you can set up notifications via Zapier.
In this article, we'll show you how to use one of our Slack templates in Zapier, so you can get notified every time a team invite is created on your organization's Waybook.
How to set up Slack notifications for team invites
In this article, we'll explain how you can set up Slack notifications every time a team invite is created on your Waybook using Zapier.
You can find help with setting up other integrations by heading to our Ultimate Guide to Zapier collection in the help center.
1. First, head to the Integrations page of your Waybook settings or follow this link
2. On this page, you'll see the option to connect with Zapier:
3. Hit the button to connect your Waybook to thousands of apps.
If you don't already have a Zapier account, you will need to create one first. Otherwise, log in and start building your first Waybook Zap!
4. First, you'll be guided through the process to set up your Trigger in Zapier.
You'll see a list of available trigger events when you open this drop-down menu:
Make sure you select 'Team Invite Created' from the list of available options.
5. When prompted, sign in to your Waybook and select the Waybook team you want to set this Zap up for.
If you have multiple Waybook teams, you'll need to create a separate Zap for each.
After hitting continue, you'll be asked to test the trigger. We recommend that you skip this step as we won't begin tracking until your Zap is live.
To skip the test and start creating your action, press the + icon:
6. Next step is to create an action to follow the trigger you set up.
There are thousands of apps to choose from, but you need to select Slack to set up this particular integration.
7. You'll then need to set up your action event - what you would like to happen within your chosen app when triggered.
Using the drop-down menu select from a list of available actions, including:
Send Channel Message
Send Direct Message
Set Channel Topic
Send Private Channel Message
Invite User to Channel
and many more!
8. Once you've chosen your action, complete the template provided by Zapier to finish setting it up.
At this point, we recommend that you test your Zap to make sure it's working as expected. When you're happy it's working, you're ready to turn it on!
Rename your Zap for easier management, especially if you have multiple Waybook teams, and turn it on.
Congratulations! You'll be notified in Slack every time a team is invited to join your organization's Waybook 🎉
Explore Zapier by playing around with setting up Waybook Zaps and check out this collection of articles for guides on setting up specific automations.
If you're looking to set up more integrations for Slack specifically, check out this section with our Ultimate Guide to Zapier.
Find out what's coming up next on our product roadmap here.