Stay on top of your team members' progress through your Waybook by setting up Slack notifications every time a step is completed using Zapier.
In this article, we'll show you how to use one of our Slack templates in Zapier, so you can get notified every time a member of your team completes a step within your organisation's Waybook.
How to set up Slack notifications for step completion
In this article, we'll explain how you can set up Slack notifications every time a team member completes a Waybook step using Zapier.
You can find help with setting up other integrations by heading to our Ultimate Guide to Zapier collection in the help centre.
1. First, head to the Integrations page of your Waybook settings or follow this link
2. On this page, you'll see the option to connect with Zapier:
3. Hit the button to connect your Waybook to thousands of apps.
If you don't already have a Zapier account, you will need to create one first. Otherwise, log in and start building your first Waybook Zap!
4. First, you'll be guided through the process to set up your Trigger in Zapier.
You'll see a list of available trigger events when you open this drop-down menu:
Make sure you select 'Step Completed' from the list of available options.
5. Next, you'll be asked to sign in to Waybook:
Once you've signed in, you'll see a list of your available Waybook teams. If you have multiple Waybook teams, you'll need to create a separate Zap for each.
6. After hitting continue, you'll be asked to test the trigger. At this point, skip the test as we won't begin tracking until your Zap is live.
Once you've finished setting up your trigger, you'll need to add an action by pressing continue or the + icon below your trigger step.
7. Next step is to create an action to follow the trigger you've set up.
There are thousands of apps to choose from, but you need to select Slack to set up this particular integration.
8. You'll then need to set up your action event - what you would like to happen within your chosen app when triggered.
Using the drop-down menu, you'll be able to select from a list of available action events. In this example, we're going to set it up to 'Send Direct Message':
You will then be asked to set up the action by selecting the user you wish to send a direct message to and what the message text should be.
It should look something like this example:
9. Now you've set up your action, we recommend that you test your Zap to make sure it's working as expected and so you can make any changes to the message text.
Keep an eye on Slack or sync up with the team member that should receive this message and watch out for a test message from Zapier.
10. When you're happy that your Zap is working as it should, you're ready to turn it on!
Rename your Zap for easier management, especially if you have multiple Waybook teams, and turn it on.
Congratulations! You'll be notified in Slack every time a team member completes a step in your Waybook 🎉
Integrations are currently in beta. If you're interested in getting early access to help us test Zapier integrations, get in touch with the team.
Explore Zapier by playing around with setting up Waybook Zaps and check out this collection of articles for guides on setting up specific automations.
If you're looking to set up more integrations for Slack specifically, check out this section with our Ultimate Guide to Zapier.
Find out what's coming up next on our product roadmap here.